Symptoms of COVID-19
Should you get tested for COVID-19? Please go to an assessment centre if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Asymptomatic, risk-based testing: People who are concerned that they have been exposed to COVID-19. This includes people who are contacts of or may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case. People who are at risk of exposure to COVID-19 through their employment, including essential workers (e.g., health care workers, grocery store employees, food processing plants).
- Symptomatic testing: All people with at least one symptom of COVID-19, even for mild symptoms. Please go to an assessment centre if you have at least one of the following symptoms:
- new onset of cough
- difficulty breathing
- fatigue, malaise, myalgia (muscle aches)
- sore throat
- runny, stuffy or congested nose
- lost sense of smell or taste
- difficulty swallowing
- digestive issues (nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain) or
- for young children and infants:
- sluggishness or lack of appetite
- multisystem inflammatory vasculitis
No referral is needed to visit an assessment centre.
WDG Assessment Centres:
- Guelph - Victoria Road Recreation Centre - 151 Victoria Rd. N.
- Orangeville - 140 Rolling Hills Drive via Highway 10 in Orangeville.
- Mount Forest - Mount Forest Sportsplex, 850 Princess St.
Please visit wdgpublichealth.ca for assessment centre location hours and more information.