Submit your events for the 2024 Explore Dufferin Guide!
Are you a business or organization hosting an event in Dufferin County this year? The Explore Dufferin Guide will be back this May and is ready to promote all things tourism in the County!
Community groups, not-for-profits and other organizations are invited to submit events for inclusion in Dufferin County’s 2024 Explore Dufferin Guide, Dufferin County’s tourism resource spotlighting prime attractions and community events held throughout the year. The Guide will be distributed to Dufferin County households and nearby communities, reaching out to residents and visitors travelling 40 kilometres or beyond to explore Dufferin County.
The Explore Dufferin Guide is a one-stop shop offering information on local businesses, events, suggested itineraries and much more. It will showcase events scheduled from May 2024 to April 2025.
Events can include:
- Cultural – festivals, parades, and other events that celebrate the history, traditions, and customs of a particular group of people
- Sport – competitions and games, such as marathons, charity runs, or local sports leagues
- Educational – educate the public about a particular topic, such as science fairs, lectures, workshops and seminars
- Environmental – events like tree planting, clean-up projects, and conservation efforts
- Entertainment – organized to entertain and engage the public, such as concerts, theater performances, and comedy shows
- Holidays – celebrate national or local holidays and days of significant, events can include gathering and activities
- Charity – raise money or awareness for a particular cause, such as a fundraising walk or a silent auction
- Business – promote and support local businesses, such as trade shows, networking events and open houses
- Religious – commemorate major religious gatherings or celebrations
For an event to be listed, it must be open to the public and take place within the boundaries of Dufferin County. Submitted events will also be featured in the events calendar on the new Dufferin Tourism Website and other related tourism promotions. Events must be submitted by Thursday, February 29, 2024.
All events being published will be curated from the submissions provided and general community knowledge that County staff and stakeholders may have. Curation will be primarily based on which events, at the County’s sole discretion, will most improve the social, economic, or environmental well-being of the community.
Megan Ball, Manager of Communications