Learn more about Dufferin County at Orangeville Lions Home and Garden Show
Looking for something to do this weekend? Stop by and visit Dufferin County at the Orangeville Lions Home and Garden Show!
Kicking off Friday, March 31 at 5 pm at The Orangeville Agricultural Society’s Event Centre (Fairgrounds), the annual Home and Garden Show celebrates the arrival of spring. There will be vendors showcasing everything and anything to do with home improvement, as well as information on local municipal services.
Join Dufferin County in the Agricultural Hall over the weekend to learn more about:
- Get information on programs and services offered by Waste Services.
- On average, households throw away about $1,500 worth of food per year. Chat with the team for tips and resources on food waste reduction.
- The average Canadian buys 70 new pieces of clothing per year. Only half of what is bought is used and the rest is either left unused or thrown out. Learn more about textiles recycling.
- Participate in draws for zero waste kits.
- And lots more!
- Discover how Dufferin County is taking action on climate change and how you can get involved.
- A changing climate means your risk of home flooding is rising. Discover the simple steps you can take to protect your home and belongings from flood damage with any budget.
- Participate in a trivia game for your chance to win emergency preparedness prizes!
- Learn about your local forest resource: where it is, how it’s sustainably managed and what recreational uses are permitted in which areas.
- Let us know any barriers you experience in accessing the forest so we can work to remove or reduce them.
- Learn about forest invasive species present in Dufferin County and on the horizon.
- Get emergency preparedness tips to protect yourself, your family and small businesses.
- Begin emergency planning for cottages, camping and RV vacations.
Museum of Dufferin (MoD)
- Learn what your community museum and archives are all about and how the MoD is collecting and sharing our community stories.
- Hear about upcoming MoD programs and exhibits for all ages.
- Chat with an archivist on Saturday about your family or property history.
All proceeds from the show enable the Orangeville Lions Club to continue their support in our community for:
- Family Transition Place
- Choices Youth Shelter
- Guide Dogs of Canada
- Big Brothers and Sisters
- Camp Dorset – Dialysis Retreat
- Headwaters Health Care Centre
- Many more
Learn more about Dufferin County at www.dufferincounty.ca. Learn more about the Orangeville Lions Home and Garden Show here.
Megan Ball, Manager of Communications