Dufferin County stands in solidarity with 2SLGBTQIA+ community
Dufferin County stands in solidarity with the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, and will not tolerate hate being directed at 2SLGBTQIA+ peoples or other oppressed groups in our workplace or in our community.
Yesterday, demonstrations took place throughout the county and across Ontario by groups protesting “gender ideology” in schools. These demonstrations were grounded in homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and other forms of hate and systemic oppression. Dufferin County supports 2SLGBTQIA+ individuals, their families and all allies, and joins them in celebrating 2SLGBTQIA identities, histories and contributions to our community.
If you or someone you know have been affected by these demonstrations, the following resources are available to you:
- Canadian Center for Gender and Sexual Diversity
- International Day of Pink
- Trans Canada Project
- The Human Rights Campaign
- COMPASS Distress Line at 1-888-821-3760
- Compass Community Services LGBTQ+ Support Line: (226) 669-3760 (call or text – free and confidential emotional support)
- Dufferin: 519-941-1530 (DCAFS)
Hate has no place and will not be tolerated in Dufferin County. We stand with the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.