Apply to the Youth Climate Activation Circle
Call for Applications!
Dufferin County is creating a Youth Climate Activation Circle and is looking for youth ages 16 - 25 to help drive climate action in our community.
As a Youth Climate Ambassador you will:
- LEARN about climate change
- COLLABORATE with fellow volunteers to create and execute a local climate action project
- TAKE meaningful action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in Dufferin
- CONNECT with local experts and discover green career pathways
The Right Fit
You should apply to the Youth Climate Activation Circle if:
- You are between 16 – 25 years of age
- A resident of Dufferin County
- You are passionate about and driven to advance solutions to climate change related to transportation, home energy, and/or agriculture
- You are able to commit to 40 hours (inclusive of training) to the Youth Climate Activation Circle Between October 2022 and October 2023
What We Can Offer You
- A $500 stipend or volunteer hours
- Reimbursement for eligible expenses
- “Youth Climate Ambassador” certificate
- A letter of support and/or reference
- Exposure to ‘green’ career pathways
Learn more and apply by September 30th at joinindufferin.com/ycac
Climate change is an issue of justice. This is why applications from youth from communities experiencing social, economic and other barriers, including people of colour, newcomers, 2SLGBTQ+ persons, women, Indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities / disabled will be given priority.