Road Occupancy Permit
A Road Occupancy permit is required whenever there is any type of work or activity on a County Road or Road Right of Way which will interrupt normal traffic flow, cause safety concerns, or change existing conditions including:
- Construction on private property in which the right-of-way is used for staging equipment
- Construction on private property in which large equipment is accessing property
- Private events not fully contained on private property
- Installation of new entrances and/or entrance upgrades
- Athletic events (marathons, cycling, etc.)
- Utilities repair/installation
This ensures that the County can:
- Determine conflicts with other activities
- Ensure that road conditions are adequate for the type of activity
- Review safety related concerns and issues
- Monitor cleanup, damages, etc.
- Inspect restoration work
The fee for a Road Occupancy Permit is on a per case basis, please call the Public Works office for consultation.
We require a completed application accompanied by a certificate of insurance naming Dufferin County as additional insured and compliance with Emergency Services Notification.