Community Paramedic Program
The Community Paramedic Program is recognized internationally as a practice to help manage increasing demands for paramedic services while shifting some of the workload off Emergency departments, hospitals, and clinics.
To learn more, please view our brochure here.
Who are our Clients?
Our clients include those who are high-risk, living with complex medical issues, for example:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
What Service do we Provide?
A wide variety of services are included in this program, such as:
- Wellness checks
- Safe home assessments
- In home blood work
- Referrals to community partners
- Urine tests
- System navigation - helping clients connect to the most appropriate health care practitioner
- Consult with primary care physicians, administration of medications for various conditions. Click here to learn more.
- POC blood testing
- Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM). Click here to learn more about Future Health Services. Their brochure is available here for download.
Referrals are accepted from various community partners including LHIN, Primary Care Physicians, and hospital staff. The community paramedic will ensure the patient will benefit from the services of the program and contact them in order to complete an in home assessment. The referral form can be found here.