Dufferin County seeking public members for Dufferin Outdoor Recreation Advisory Team and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Community Advisory Committee
Are you interested in making a difference in your community? Dufferin County is seeking public members for the following advisory committees:
- Dufferin Outdoor Recreation Advisory Team
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Community Advisory Committee
Members must understand:
- The qualifications listed on the Committee Terms of Reference
- Overall community issues
Applicants should also be able to build meaningful relationships and connections within the community.
To be eligible, candidates are required to be at least 18 years or older. Candidates for the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Community Advisory Committee must be a resident of, business owner or stakeholder in Dufferin County.
Members will serve for the current Term of Council (until 2026). Members will receive $100 per regular meeting in renumeration. Meeting frequency can be found in the Committee Terms of Reference.
Applications must be submitted by Friday, June 16 at 4:30 pm. The application form can be found here. Applicants should include why they are interested in participating on a County advisory committee in their application.
Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled if necessary.
About the Dufferin Outdoor Recreation Advisory Team
The purpose of the Dufferin Outdoor Recreation Advisory Team (DORAT or DORA Team) is to:
- Provide a forum for discussion of issues related to recreational use of County assets
- Provide community input and advice to County staff regarding recreational use of the Dufferin County Forest and the Dufferin Rail Trail and implementation of the Outdoor Recreation Plan
- Assist County staff in communicating information about the Outdoor Recreation Plan and related by-law (2017-39) and any revisions
Terms of Reference can be found here.
About the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Community Advisory Committee
The mandate for the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Community Advisory Committee will be to advise County Council, make recommendations and provide a monitoring and measuring role to help ensure that the County applies a diversity, equity and inclusion lens to its policies, services and programs.
The Committee will develop an annual work plan focused on goals related to:
- Developing and enhancing committee knowledge of effective DEI practices
- Selection of County programs, policies and services for review and reporting
- Amplification of community DEI events and initiatives.
The Committee will report progress on its workplan on an annual basis. Terms of Reference can be found here.
Megan Ball, Manager of Communications