The peak periods for hunting in the Dufferin County Forest are the two five-day shotgun hunts for white-tailed deer (Nov. 2-6 and Nov. 30-Dec. 4, 2020) and the spring wild turkey hunt (April 25-May 31, 2021).
In addition, be particularly aware of:
- bow hunting for white-tailed deer: Oct. 1 - Nov. 1, 2020; Nov. 7 - Nov. 29, 2020; and Dec. 5-31, 2020
- bow hunting for wild turkey: October 1-31, 2020
- shotgun/bow hunting for wild turkey: October 13-25, 2020
There is no hunting allowed at any time on the following Dufferin County Forest properties: north portion of Amaranth, Hockley, Leening, Levitt, Little, Mono, Thomson, and River Road. These are posted accordingly.
Despite the above:
- on Dufferin County Forest properties where hunting is allowed, there may be hunters present at any time between October 1 and May 31
- on Dufferin County Forest properties where hunting is allowed between October 1 and May 31, the seasons are the same as those established by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry. These can be viewed at www.ontario.ca/hunting.