Land Area: 6.56 km squared (1,621.01 acres)
Located at the intersection of Highway 10 and Highway 89, Shelburne was originally part of Melancthon Township and Grey County. Originally a Police Village in Melancthon Township, it was incorporated as an independent municipality in 1879. Shelburne joined Dufferin County at its incorporation in January 1881.
Council 2022-2026 County Representatives
- Mayor Wade Mills
- Deputy Mayor Shane Hall
Initially known as Jelly Corners (named after William Jelly), Shelburne was almost known as Tandaragee, after an Irish village in Armagh. It was finally named Shelburne, after the Earl of Shelburne.