Land Area: 310.79 km squared (76,797.88 acres)
The Township of Melancthon was incorporated on January 1, 1853 as part of Grey County. It is now a rural community located in the northwest corner of Dufferin County. It is located north and west of the Town of Shelburne and originally included a portion of this town in its borders. Within the township, there are three hamlets – Horning’s Mills, Corbetton, and Riverview.
Council 2022-2026 County Representatives
- Mayor Darren White
- Deputy Mayor James McLean
The main occupation in the township is farming, in fact, the growing and marketing of potatoes is a major industry. The township was the first municipality to approve and have constructed the largest wind farm in Ontario with 45 wind turbines. The Township of Melancthon is now home to 167 wind turbines.