Digital Main Street Workshops for June
inDufferin partner, Digital Main Street, is offering a number of free events focusing on online marketing & social media for small businesses throughout the month of June. Read below for event details and visit here for more information.
Web Presence 101 – Ensuring Your Foundation Is Set
When: June 1-8th, 2021, 10:00-11:30 am
Your customers are on the web. Having a strategy for your online presence allows you to market your small business online so customers can easily find you. In this workshop hosted by the Toronto Digital Service Squad we’ll discuss the importance of getting your business online and where to start with developing your online presence.
What you will learn:
- What is web presence and what platforms you can use to set up your website
- How to create a professionally-designed, responsive website for your business
- How to optimize website content to improve your search engine ranking (SEO)
- Setting up your Google My Business listing and other online directories
- Getting started with social media
- How email marketing can grow your business and encourage repeat customers
- Developing a cohesive brand voice online
- Engaging with customers virtually and building relationships on the web
- Join us to learn how to build the foundation for your business’ web presence.
To join this webinar, register on Zoom here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0ud-iurDgsHdarWAr_XgeMZxRWalRxvtpS
Social Media for Your Business
When: June 15th, 2021, 10:00-11:30 am
Social media is an invaluable tool for today’s business, whether you are just starting out or have been established for years. Not understanding how to use social media effectively can leave you overwhelmed and ultimately hurt your bottom line as your potential customers can easily find your competitors. This workshop hosted by the Toronto Digital Service Squad will leave you with a better understanding of how to leverage the power of social media to grow your online community, drive sales and reduce marketing costs.
What you will learn:
- How to choose the right social media platform(s) for your business
- How to set up and optimize social media profiles
- The basics of Instagram & Facebook shopping and how to utilize shoppable feeds
- Best practices for engagement on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and Pinterest
- Growing your social media community using both organic and paid strategies
- Planning and curating your social media content
- Tools for managing platforms and scheduling posts to save you time and energy
Join us to learn the ropes of building an engaging and profitable social media presence for your business.
To join this webinar, register on Zoom here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEld-GrqTkuGdXE8WbgiciVuPTV2x-9rcsl
eCommerce 101: What, why, and how
When: June 29th, 2021, 10:00-11:30 am
More consumers than ever before are turning to online shopping for greater convenience, safety, and variety. In this webinar, the Toronto Digital Service Squad will teach you the basic steps to setting up an online store. We will cover everything from what you need to prepare before launching a store, to choosing an e-commerce platform, to providing excellent customer service online. You’ll finish this session feeling excited about how e-commerce can help you reach new customers and expand into different markets.
What you will learn:
- What is e-commerce, why it’s important and the benefits of selling online
- What platforms are available and how to pick the right one for you
- The basics of inventory management, choosing the right solution, and streamlining point-of-sale for both in-store and online
- Optimizing your website content, choosing the right themes, and the basics of search engine optimization (SEO)
- How to set up secure payments and various shipping options & costs
- Look at the basics of driving traffic to your store and boost sales through a variety of digital marketing channels
- How to provide excellent customer service throughout the e-commerce purchase funnel
Join us to learn why you should consider e-commerce for your business and how you can easily get started.
To join this webinar, register on Zoom here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0lceyoqD8vH9K9Lha4UsVpK3j2DAh-iA07