Summer Student - Health and Safety
Reporting to the Health & Safety Advisor you will assist with job hazard analysis and assessments and support safety-related initiatives in a diverse municipal setting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and update product safety information.
- Assist in coordinating and conducting hazard assessments at various locations.
- Liaise with management, employees and Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committees.
- Organize and maintain Health & Safety related records, procedures and training material.
- Be involved in developing leading-edge concepts to augment Health & Safety training efforts.
- Because of the responsibilities of this position, preference will be given to post-secondary students enrolled in a Health and Safety program.
- Have and maintain a valid Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a reliable vehicle, as travel within Dufferin County is required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Innovative and creative.
- Expertise in working with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- 53 Zina St., Orangeville and other Dufferin County locations as required.