Summer Student - Activation
Dufferin Oaks Long Term Care Home is owned and operated by the County of Dufferin and is located in the vibrant Town of Shelburne. It is a not-for-profit Home that can accommodate 160 residents, living in private, semi-private and standard rooms. Dufferin Oaks provides accommodation, meals, supportive services, socialization and a full range of nursing care services for persons who, for various reasons, cannot live independently in the community.
This Activation Assistant is responsible for ensuring activation programs are implemented to meet the needs, preferences and abilities of all residents, both collectively and on an individual basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out scheduled social, spiritual, educational, therapeutic and recreational activities for residents.
- Promote residents right to choice, respect and dignity.
- Work cooperatively with volunteers.
- Maintain resident Activation attendance records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in Social Services, Recreation, Gerontology or other related courses at Community College or University.
- Volunteer experience with seniors an asset.
- Successful criminal reference check including vulnerable sector screening.
Knowledge & Skills
- Computer knowledge an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- 151 Centre Street, Shelburne