Purchasing Agent - Permanent Full time
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Purchasing Agent is responsible for supporting Dufferin County’s centralized purchasing function and assisting with the coordination of the contract and purchasing requirements for all County departments. This position works closely with County staff, members of the public, vendors, and other contacts in order to facilitate purchasing projects and workflows, and ensure a high standard of customer service is maintained.
What you’ll do
- Carry out the procurement process for goods and services of both a capital and operating nature to support the goals and objectives of County departments. This includes construction contracts, major repairs and renovations, equipment, consulting services, etc.
- Assist departments in developing tenders/proposals/quotations, including:
- development of the necessary terms and conditions of contract for each project
- development of the specifications and requirements for the bid call
- issuing the necessary documentation to bidders, including managing the bidders list, developing, and issuing any addendums
- coordinate the complete tender process including attending and hosting site meetings with the user department
- Manage the bidding process from inception to completion, including creating new bids, developing bid tables and online submission sections, posting addenda(s), announcements, evaluations where required and posting bid results
- Prepare and issue contract extension and award letters, regret letters and purchase orders for supplies and service and any necessary follow-up
- Coordinate, schedule, attend and manage site meetings during the tendering phase of construction, renovations, etc., and ensure safety and liability of attendees
- Work collaboratively with County staff, members of the public, vendors, municipalities, and other contacts to facilitate projects and workflows
- Other duties as assigned.