Permanent Part Time EarlyON Program Facilitator
Reporting to the Supervisor of Children’s Services, the EarlyON Program Facilitator is responsible for creating learning environments that reflect effective practices; facilitating responsive and interactive programs with parents/caregivers and their children up to the age developmentally of 6 years and providing relevant information and referrals to families in Dufferin County.
What you’ll do
- Interact with children and their parents/caregivers during play and inquiry-based learning;
- Supporting families/caregivers by providing agency referrals and contact information;
- Provide parents/caregivers with resources that reflect early years “best practices” and current research in child development;
- Attend staff meetings and professional learning opportunities;
- Contribute to building and enhancing an effective support team;
- Responsible for the tasks in the OneHSN registration site;
- Open and close site(s) – including but not limited to room set-up, opening and closing the OneHSN Kiosk and general operating duties;
- Maintain a clean environment and undertake housekeeping duties such as cleaning and disinfecting toys, washing equipment, and laundry;
- Create an inclusive environment being mindful and supportive of children with additional needs;
- Facilitate age specific programs and special events;
- Provide child programming while parent/caregiver attend workshops and targeted programs;
- Collaborate with community partners and agencies to enhance services to families and promote programs.