Equipment Operator Labourer- Permanent Full Time
Reporting to the Operations Working Foreperson, the Equipment Operator/Labourer is responsible for driving trucks and operating heavy equipment in the construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, and signs for the Dufferin County road system. This position is responsible for keeping the roads safe for commuters and the community in general (e.g., plowing winter roads, cleaning roads). This position also responds to inquiries from the public while out on the roads.
What you’ll do
• Operate tandem snowplow, backhoe, loader, tractor, excavator, chainsaw, forklift, etc.
• Respond to emergency calls received from police; provide support for road closures
• Signs maintenance and inspection
• Annual bridge maintenance
• As part of a crew perform driveway culvert installations, roadside maintenance activities
• Variety of road construction projects
• Preform winter maintenance activities and monitor road conditions
• Other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years of experience operating equipment
• Road construction experience is an asset
• Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation and WHMIS regulations
• Must be capable of completing a variety of work forms and maintain accurate work time records
• Must be compliant with the Commercial Vehicle Operator Registration
• Minimum valid DZ driver’s license required, AZ driver’s license is an asset.