Community Service Worker - Children's Services - Temporary Full Time
Reporting to the Manager of Children’s Services, the Community Services Worker will provide support and assistance to the public in accessing departmental programs and services while managing an assigned workload.
What you’ll do
- Support individual efforts to access programs and services;
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of available community resources;
- Consult with community and agency groups as required to endorse programs;
- Assess individual eligibility for child care fee subsidy and manage caseload to keep eligibility current;
- Authorize monthly Attendance Schedule and process payments through Ontario Child Care Management System (OCCMS);
- Record, report and maintain monthly/quarterly statistics for Child Care Fee subsidy;
- Assist with annual forecasting and budget tracking and updating as necessary
- Receive Ontario Works (OW) program Child Care referrals and maintain OW Child Care caseload for formal Child Care Services.