Assistant Manager of Operations (Permanent Full Time)
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, the Assistant Manager of Operations (working 40 hours per week) provides leadership and administrative support to the Public Works Operations Division regarding risk management, winter maintenance activities, fleet maintenance, contracts, in-house construction, inspections, policies, procedures and asset management.
What you’ll do
• Perform traffic engineering safety reviews by investigating and recommending improvements at problematic intersections, road sections and traffic lights, in collaboration with Engineering Division, Consultants, etc.
• Manage road signs, guiderail, line painting and other road safety devices, developing maintenance and replacement schedules using asset management tools and inspection.
• Lead Fleet Management for the entire County. Provide and develop policy and training to all County staff regarding fleet maintenance policies and fueling at the Operations Centre.
• Work with Operations Manager, Foreperson and Mechanic to prepare quotes and tenders for the operations division.
• Monitor Level of Service compliance, including record keeping, response times, sign inspection, weather records, weather monitoring and patrolling frequency.
• Post winter road closure notifications via social media, email and message boards, after hours.
• Support operators, patrollers and foreperson during winter storms and emergencies.
• Respond to after-hour emergencies related to traffic accidents and environmental spills.