Key Hunting Seasons
Please be aware of these key hunting seasons in parts of the Dufferin County Forest.
The peak periods for hunting in the Dufferin County Forest are the two five-day shotgun hunts for white-tailed deer (November 7-11 and December 5-9, 2022) and the spring wild turkey hunt (April 25-May 31, 2023).
In addition, be particularly aware of:
- archery seasons for white-tailed deer: October 1-November 6, 2022; November 12-December 4, 2022; and December 10-31, 2022
- archery season for wild turkey: October 1-31, 2022
- shotgun/archery season for wild turkey: October 11-23, 2022
There is no hunting allowed at any time on the following Dufferin County Forest properties: north portion of Amaranth, Hockley, Leening, Levitt, Little, Main, Mono, Thomson, and River Road. These are posted accordingly.
Despite the above:
- on Dufferin County Forest properties where hunting is allowed (south portion of Amaranth, Gara Gore, Melancthon, Randwick, Riverview, and Simmons), there may be hunters present at any time between October 1 and May 31
- on Dufferin County Forest properties where hunting is allowed between October 1 and May 31, the seasons are the same as those established by the Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry. These can be viewed at www.ontario.ca/hunting.