Key Hunting Seasons
Please be aware of these key hunting seasons in parts of the Dufferin County Forest.
The peak periods for hunting in the Dufferin County Forest are the two five-day shotgun hunts for white-tailed deer (November 6-10 and December 4-8, 2023) and the spring shotgun/archery season for wild turkey (April 25-May 31 annually).
In addition, be particularly aware of:
- archery seasons for white-tailed deer: October 1-November 5, 2023; November 11-December 3, 2023; and December 9-31, 2023
- archery season for wild turkey: October 1-31, 2023
- shotgun/archery season for wild turkey: October 10-22, 2023
There is no hunting allowed at any time on the following Dufferin County Forest properties: north portion of Amaranth, Hockley, Leening, Levitt, Little, Main, Mono, Thomson, and River Road. These are posted accordingly.
Despite the above:
- on Dufferin County Forest properties where hunting is allowed (south portion of Amaranth, Gara Gore, Melancthon, Randwick, Riverview, and Simmons), there may be hunters present at any time between October 1 and May 31
- on Dufferin County Forest properties where hunting is allowed between October 1 and May 31, the seasons are the same as those established by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry. These can be viewed at www.ontario.ca/hunting.