Key Hunting Seasons
Please be aware of these key hunting seasons in parts of the Dufferin County Forest.
The peak periods for hunting in the Dufferin County Forest are the two five-day shotgun hunts for white-tailed deer (Nov. 2-6 and Nov. 30-Dec. 4, 2020) and the spring wild turkey hunt (April 25-May 31, 2021).
In addition, be particularly aware of:
- bow hunting for white-tailed deer: Oct. 1 - Nov. 1, 2020; Nov. 7 - Nov. 29, 2020; and Dec. 5-31, 2020
- bow hunting for wild turkey: October 1-31, 2020
- shotgun/bow hunting for wild turkey: October 13-25, 2020
There is no hunting allowed at any time on the following Dufferin County Forest properties: north portion of Amaranth, Hockley, Leening, Levitt, Little, Mono, Thomson, and River Road. These are posted accordingly.
Despite the above:
- on Dufferin County Forest properties where hunting is allowed, there may be hunters present at any time between October 1 and May 31
- on Dufferin County Forest properties where hunting is allowed between October 1 and May 31, the seasons are the same as those established by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry. These can be viewed at www.ontario.ca/hunting.