The peak periods for hunting in the Dufferin County Forest are the two five-day shotgun hunts for white-tailed deer (Nov. 1-5 and Nov. 29-Dec. 3, 2021) and the spring wild turkey hunt (April 25-May 31, 2022).
In addition, be particularly aware of:
- archery seasons for white-tailed deer: Oct. 1 - 31, 2021; Nov. 6 - 28, 2021; and Dec. 4-31, 2021
- archery season for wild turkey: October 1-31, 2021
- shotgun/archery season for wild turkey: October 12-24, 2021
There is no hunting allowed at any time on the following Dufferin County Forest properties: north portion of Amaranth, Hockley, Leening, Levitt, Little, Main, Mono, Thomson, and River Road. These are posted accordingly.
Despite the above:
- on Dufferin County Forest properties where hunting is allowed (south portion of Amaranth, Gara Gore, Melancthon, Randwick, Riverview, and Simmons), there may be hunters present at any time between October 1 and May 31
- on Dufferin County Forest properties where hunting is allowed between October 1 and May 31, the seasons are the same as those established by the Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry. These can be viewed at www.ontario.ca/hunting.