Reaching In...Reaching Out (RIRO)
Reaching In… Reaching Out (RIRO) Resiliency training is going to be offered Fall 2023/Winter 2024!
If you are interested in the training, please complete the following form with your preferences for scheduling (day, time, and format): https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=ZmaO1tjJRUGhU6cxJZhRM82iAVTNKfxOn9_D1jWLf1BUQkE0TVRaSEtGNzIySEpUV1RYWldFTTdFUS4u
Do you have the desire to:
- Invest in your well-being and self-care practices, and improve your resilience?
- Increase your self-awareness and regulation, your ability to return to calm?
- Value rest and play instead of remaining stuck in a state of stress and exhaustion?
- Be a part of a community where wellness and resilience are prioritized, shared responsibilities?
- Be a part of a community where self-care is accepted expected and prioritized?
- Role model and practice a healthy relationship with self and others alongside children and families?
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, RIRO is for YOU!
RIRO is split up into 2 parts: Adults Skills and Child Applications
Part 1: Adult Skills, focuses on resiliency skills and abilities in practice for adults and includes:
- Resiliency Research
- Why Adults First?
- 3 R Skill Set (Relax, Reflect, Respond)
- 7 Critical Abilities
- Considering: how do our thoughts impact our feelings and actions?
- CAR Model (Circumstance > Automatic Thought > Reaction)
- Examining Thought – Feeling Connections
- Exploring thinking habit traps, explanatory styles and iceberg beliefs
- Learning to Generate Alternatives
- Creating Resiliency Action Plans
Part 2: Child Applications, focuses on applying resiliency skills and abilities alongside children in early childhood programs, and includes:
- Research on stress and resilience in childhood
- Our Role in providing caring responsive relationships and the importance of reframing to support connection
- Role modelling and supporting children’s 3 R Skill Set and 7 critical abilities
- Using storybooks as an opportunity to support resilience
- Resilient environments
- Creating a sense of belonging
- Opportunities for mastery
- Descriptive feedback, growth mindset
- How play can support flexible thinking
You can read more about RIRO here: https://www.wellington.ca/en/social-services/reaching-in-reaching-out.aspx