For those who have been offered and accepted placement to Dufferin Oaks – Welcome!
This is YOUR home and we encourage you to consider it as such. Please feel free to invite friends and family to visit and participate in our many activities. The following has been provided to help make your move go as smoothly as possible. This and much more helpful information is included in our Resident Handbook, which is provided to all new residents on their first day.
What to Bring With You
- Health Card
- Medications (or current listing of them): Remember to include vitamins, eyedrops, patches, inhalers, etc.
- Eyeglasses, Dentures, Hearing Aids, Electric Razors
- Mobility Devices: wheelchairs, walkers, etc.
- Clothing: Clothing should be machine washable/dryable as we do not offer dry cleaning services.
- Furnishings: Dufferin Oaks provides a bed, bedside table, wardrobe, one chair and bedding for each resident. You are most welcome to bring a few favourite items to personalize your room, just remember that space is limited. Our maintenance staff will hang your pictures and install wall mounted TVs (maximum 42 inch), etc. for you.
- Powers of Attorney (if applicable): please bring copies of Powers of Attorney for both Personal Care and Property.
- Void Cheque: for setting up Pre-Authorized Payment.
- Family Information Assessment Form: This is a great resource to help us make your transition as smooth as possible. If you don’t have time to fill it in ahead of time, please ensure it is completed on your first day.
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment: A government subsidy may be available to individuals that do not have enough monthly income to pay for their accommodation (only basic rooms are eligible). Bringing your most recent Notice of Assessment will help speed up this application process. For more information on the Rate Reduction Program, please click here.
- Telephone, Cable TV Services: To arrange these services please contact Bell or Rogers directly. The Local Rogers Advisor is Carla Parkin, 1.866.552.0550, firstname.lastname@example.org