If you wish to present a delegation to Council, please submit the Delegation Request form to the Clerks Office. All requests must be received by 12:00 p.m. (noon) on the Wednesday one week prior to the meeting for inclusion within the agenda package.
Please use the following chart to help you determine which committee you should present to.
|For Matters Regarding||Delegate To This Committee|
|Administration, Clerks, IT, Building Services, Emergency Preparedness, Human Resources, Finance, Paramedic Services||
General Government Services
|County Roads, Waste Services, County Forest||Infrastructure and Environmental Services|
|Dufferin Oaks Long-Term Care Home, Children's Services, Housing Services, Ontario Works, Museum of Dufferin||Community Services/Dufferin Oaks/Museum|
|Planning, Economic Development||Council|
Delegations will be directed to the appropriate Committee except where the presenter wishes to address Council with respect to a matter which is before Council or where the Clerk determines that the matter is of such an urgent nature that there is insufficient time to delegate to a Committee. The Clerk reserves the right to redirect your request to the most appropriate Committee.
- The names of all speakers and the subject matter to be discussed must be provided to staff for inclusion within the agenda and minutes.
- All handouts and PowerPoint presentations must be received by 12:00 p.m. (noon) on the Wednesday one week prior to the meeting for inclusion within the agenda and minutes. Electronic supporting material is preferred.
- All handouts and presentations may be reviewed by staff prior to the meeting and any content deemed to be inappropriate for a public forum may be removed.
- Delegations are limited to 10 minutes.
- Delegations may be refused if they are determined to be repetitious or not within the jurisdiction of the County.
- Please arrive 15 minutes in advance of the meeting as delegations are heard as one of the first items of business.
- All delegations shall speak respectfully and only on the subject described on the request form.
- During the meeting, delegations will obey the rules of procedure and any decisions of the Chair or Council.
- The Chair may shorten the time of any delegation for repetition, disorder, or any other breach of the procedural by-law.
- Council may ask questions following the delegation.
- The Chair may expel or exclude any member of the public who creates a disturbance or acts improperly during a meeting.
- The Clerk reserves the right to redirect your delegation request to the most appropriate Committee.