Waste Services Outreach Assistants
Are you passionate about environmental issues? Would you like to share that passion with the members of your community? If your answer is yes, this may be a great opportunity for you. Working under the direction of the Waste Services Manager, the successful candidates will assist with a neighbourhood project in the summer of 2020!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake enthusiastic outreach for a “curbside neighbourhood campaign” around increasing the use of curbside green bins for composting, and making sure everyone understands what does and does not go into the blue box for recycling.
- Engage children and other community members around composting, recycling and waste reduction at a variety of events throughout the County.
- Provide excellent customer service by responding in-person, over the phone and by email to residents’ questions about all of the County’s waste programs.
- Delivery of blue boxes and green bins to distribution locations around the County and program participants.
- Additional tasks as required within the Waste Services Division.
- Currently enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary school, returning to studies in the fall 2020.
- Have and maintain a valid Ontario Driver's License (G or G2) would be considered an asset.
- Clear Criminal Reference Check with vulnerable sector.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge and interest in the environment and waste diversion.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Enthusiastic and outgoing - enjoy working with the public and community.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Good communicator.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, as well as within a team.
- Light to medium lifting will be required.