Waste Reduction Educator
Reporting to the Manager of Waste Services, this position is responsible for the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of school and community education initiatives for Waste Services, in addition to providing customer service to the public and support on special projects/programs. This position also provides support for other Waste Services and Public Works functions as required.
What you’ll do
- Research and maintain up to date knowledge of Ontario’s curriculum for elementary and secondary schools to determine waste management links
- Develop and implement workshops, presentations, campaigns, training guides and resources for schools and other community groups, that link to the curriculum and the County’s waste diversion goals and objectives, including behaviour change goals
- Build and maintain relationships with local School Boards, school staff (i.e. teachers, custodians, administration) and community groups
- Provide customer service to the public via phone, email, social media, and front counter inquiries, including communicating information related to curbside collection, specialized waste events and pick-ups, bin replacements, etc.
- Respond to inquiries and complaints related to Waste Services and assist with resolutions as appropriate
- Provide support for existing and new programs/projects, including those that involve collections, and outreach/communications within the community
- Help prepare for and attend local events to facilitate community outreach
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.