Reporting to the Director of Development and Tourism, the Tourism Manager is responsible for carrying out duties that support the development of Dufferin County’s position as a tourism destination. The position works closely with tourism stakeholders, residents, community representatives and municipal bodies throughout the County, bringing together the various facets of tourism in the region (arts and culture, nature and the outdoors, agritourism) to expand the local visitor economy.
What you’ll do
- Build relationships with Dufferin County businesses, conceptualize and create tourism development training toolkits, lead “tourism readiness” training initiatives and support tourism product development;
- Work with our member municipalities to identify tourism development opportunities and implement tourism initiatives within the County;
- Participate in Economic Development Committee meetings and provide updates to member-municipalities on tourism programming;
- Develop and carry-out annual marketing strategies, including a content development plan, for the purposes of promoting regional stakeholders, events & attractions to target markets and building Dufferin County brand awareness;
- Provide general management and oversight of the Museum of Dufferin and staff consisting of 5 fulltime staff, 2 part time staff, interns and volunteers;
- Oversee and be responsible for budgeting, financial administration, reporting and accounting;
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.