Temporary Part Time Housing Placement Worker
Working 21 hours per week, the Housing Placement Worker will assist homeless individuals in attaining housing stability. Responsibilities will include landlord engagement, advocating for homeless individuals, acting as a liaison with outside agencies and assisting in the development of policies and procedures.
What you’ll do
- Landlord engagement to create a weekly list of available units in Dufferin County that will be shared with clients and agencies;
- Referring clients to community partners to secure income assistance, damage deposits, setting up of utilities, furnishings and household items to establish their homes;
- Engage clients using a persistent and active approach to secure housing including signing of leases;
- Establish professional working relationships with the Coordinated Access Table (CAT) and the funded Housing Support Workers to appropriately assist in housing their identified clients.
- Complete and maintain accurate client information records;
- Report statistical information;
- Offer suggestions that will improve efficiency, working conditions or procedures;
- Contribute to the efficient and effective provision of services.