Temporary Full Time Maintenance Worker
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the Maintenance Worker is responsible for preventative maintenance and repair of the physical building and equipment, waste collection and receiving and distribution of supplies.
What you’ll do
- Maintain and repair the physical building and equipment of the Home which can include; painting, wallpapering, drywall repairs, minor plumbing repairs and minor electrical repairs;
- Maintain the entrance and exits to the Home including snow removal in the winter;
- Conduct inspections on buildings and equipment;
- Respond to job requisitions;
- Collect and dispose of all waste and recyclable materials;
- Other related duties, as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- High school diploma;
- Experience in a similar position;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- A successful criminal reference check including the vulnerable sector screening;
- Demonstrated ability to act with courtesy and respect in dealing with residents, staff and visitors;
- Willingness to work during the week, on weekends and on statutory holidays as assigned.