Temporary Full Time Archives Intern
Reporting to the Archivist, you will work as part of our team to facilitate access for both in-person and distant clientele to the Permanent Collection at the MoD Archives.
What you’ll do
- Processing of archival records and photographs (Women’s Institute Collection);
- Scanning and digitization of multi-media collection;
- Prepare on-line finding aids and social media postings to promote access to Archives' holdings.
What you’ll bring
- College Diploma or University Degree in Archival Studies, Information Science, Public History, Museum Studies, Records and Information Management or another related program;
- Excellent computer and data management skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Proficiency and knowledge of PastPerfect considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the care and handling of archival records;
- Excellent time management, oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of the Rules of Archival Description;
- Familiarity with copyright and privacy legislation considered an asset;
- Ability to work Tuesday through Saturday (a minimum of two (2) days remote work and two (2) – three (3) days on site) as required by the position;
- A clear criminal reference check including the vulnerable sector.