Temporary Full Time Administrative Support Specialist - Corporate Services (12 month contract)
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Corporate Services Department, which includes Council/Committee secretariat functions for the County Council and its Committees, in addition to the Chief Administrative Officer.
What you’ll do
- Provide customer service support by responding to incoming phone calls and assisting visitors;
- Assist with the provision of all administrative services of Council and Committee notices of meetings, agendas, draft minutes, Warden’s notes, correspondence, reports and arrangement for each of the committee meetings and the Council meeting;
- Attend meetings to take minutes if required;
- Type correspondence, reports, fillable forms and documents. Compose letters as required.
- Assist with uploading website content and social media posts;
- Coordinate Bill Hill Scholarship;
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Post-secondary community college (two years) education in business administration or secretarial field or equivalent in experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent Customer Service skills;
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Must be discreet and tactful due to the sensitive nature of information, the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to meet pressure filled deadlines.