Temporary Casual Cook
Reporting to the Food Services Manager, the Cook is responsible for daily food production and food preparation of nutritious and quality meals and snacks for the residents in accordance with Canada’s Food Guide and maintaining a sanitary work environment.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the daily preparation of food in accordance with all applicable Acts and Regulations.
- Performs dietary tasks, which include all aspects of food production, preparation and meal service and delivery.
- Provides information to assist in the development of Residents’ nutritional care plans.
- Responsible for cleanliness and overall sanitation of kitchen and work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Certificate of qualification in the trade of Cook or Institutional Cook that was issued by the Director of Apprenticeship or through an accredited college or, a post-secondary diploma in food and nutrition management or, Red Seal.
- Institutional food service experience preferably in a health care setting is an asset
- Must have good working relationships with dietary staff members, residents, other staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Must have passion and motivation and team player
- Good supervision and leadership abilities and qualities.
- Physically and mentally able to operate basic kitchen equipment, lift heavy trays and stand for long periods of time.