Summer Student - Human Resources
Reporting to the Human Resources Coordinator, you will assist with recruitment, new hire orientations, the creation of the long service awards presentation, and the maintenance of files.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in all areas of the Human Resources division including compensation and benefits, labour relations, payroll, recruitment and learning and development.
- Updating employee files, data entry, distributing materials, liaising with staff of all levels within the municipality.
- Preference will be given to post-secondary students enrolled in a Human Resources program.
- Experience in data entry and records management.
- Previous office administrative and customer service experience required.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle, as travel will be required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Able to work independently as well as participate as part of a team.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 53 Zina St., Orangeville and other Dufferin County locations as required.