Summer Student - Civil Engineering
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the successful candidates will be assisting the Public Works Department with several key engineering and road construction functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in topographic surveying and construction layout using GPS and Total Station technologies.
- Conduct site reviews and inspection services on County road construction projects.
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of project files and records.
- Collect and process traffic data.
- Willing to work overtime as required.
- Other engineering related duties as assigned.
- Must be a current Civil Engineering student at an accredited college or university; enrollment in a co-op or internship program is preferred.
- Possess a valid G or G2 Ontario Driver’s License with a clean driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle, as travel may be required periodically.
- Possess C.S.A. approved safety boots.
Knowledge & Skills
- Self-motivated with professional manner in dealing with people.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with one or more of the following:
- Reading and understanding engineering drawings.
- Working in a construction environment.
- General working knowledge of various survey equipment including construction level, GPS equipment and Total Station.
- Computer proficiency with a working knowledge in AutoCAD 2018, Autodesk Civil 3D and MS Office.
- 55 Zina St., Orangeville