Snow Plow Operators
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Equipment Operator/Labourer will be responsible for operating and maintaining equipment used to clear public roadways, filing road reports and general maintenance of the County of Dufferin’s 324 kilometer road network. As weather can often be unpredictable, this position requires candidates to be available to work days, evenings and nights as well as Saturdays, Sundays and statutory holidays as required. It is imperative that our Snow Plow Operators maintain the highest safety standards while out on the roads.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operating tandem snow plow-sander combination units and loaders.
- Equipment and roadside maintenance. (Installation of signs, brushing, etc.)
Preferred qualifications are as follows:
- Education equivalent to Grade 12.
- Class DZ Driver’s license in good standing with a clean drivers abstract.
- Demonstrated experience in road maintenance including snowplowing or sanding with combination snowplows.
- Excellent recording keeping and problem solving.
- Flexibility with your work schedule and willingness to work overtime.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Professionalism and a courteous manner.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS and First Aid training preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the department and other staff as well as the general public.