Senior Procurement Specialist
Reporting to the Deputy Treasurer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the County’s centralized purchasing function and co-ordinates the contract and purchasing requirements for various County departments.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the process for procurement of goods and services of both a capital and operating nature;
- Oversees the bidding process from inception to completion including all competitive bid processes;
- Advise and facilitate a variety of bid solicitation models to achieve best value in a timely and cost effective manner;
- Manages the development of departmental contract/tender requirements and specification through market research and access to peers and colleagues’ expertise and documents;
- Active involvement in negotiation for contract awards and contract renewals when required;
- Ensure compliance with Workplace and Insurance Board (WSIB) and Insurance renewals;
- Prepare quarterly reports for Standing Committees and County Council meeting legislative requirements;
- Provide advice and assistance to local municipalities with respect to procurement and contract management;
- Coordinate, schedule, attend and manage site meetings during the tendering phase of construction, renovations, etc., and ensuring safety and liability of attendees.