Seasonal Facilities Worker- Temporary Part Time
Reporting to the Working Foreperson, the Seasonal Facilities Worker is responsible for weekend waste removal and general snow removal from walkways and site sidewalks of County owned facilities within the Town of Shelburne.
What you’ll do
- Snow removal including shoveling snow from walkways, entrances, sidewalks, parking lots, etc.
- Place salt and sand material as necessary in areas of pedestrian travel
- Operate winter maintenance equipment including shovels, snow blowers, salter and compact tractor
- Clean and store equipment and machinery used on shift
- Other related duties as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Demonstrated ability to perform heavy snow removal and ice treatment
- Knowledge of and experience using snow and ice removal equipment, materials and solutions
- Ability to lift heavy items safely
- General knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Ability to maintain co-operative and professional relationships with staff and clients.
- Weekday availability, including evenings considered as asset
- Valid Class G driver’s license and access to reliable transportation required