Regular Full Time Maintenance Worker
Under the direction of the Environmental Services Manager is responsible for preventative maintenance/repair of the physical building and equipment, waste collection, and receiving and distribution of supplies.
What you’ll do
• Maintain and repair the physical building and equipment of the Home which can include; painting, wallpapering, drywall repairs, minor plumbing repairs and minor electrical repairs;
• Maintain the entrance and exits to the Home including snow removal in the winter;
• Conduct inspections on buildings and equipment;
• Respond to job requisitions;
• Collect and dispose of all waste and recyclable materials;
• Other related duties, as assigned.
What you’ll bring
• High school diploma;
• Experience in a similar position;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• A successful criminal reference check including the vulnerable sector screening;
• Demonstrated ability to act with courtesy and respect in dealing with residents, staff and visitors;
• Willingness to work during the week, on weekends and on statutory holidays as assigned.