Registered Early Childhood Educators - Relief Workers - As needed basis
Jean Hamlyn Day Care Centre is a Child Care Centre that offers play based, emergent programming for children aged 18 months to 10 years. Programs are age-appropriate, and follow the children’s interests offering a well-rounded learning environment both indoors and outdoors. The Relief Worker will assist and provide resources and support to parents/caregivers and children in a safe, nurturing, non-judgmental and empowering atmosphere. They will also be responsible for performing general operating duties, including the maintenance of a clean and attractive physical environment. This position may have scheduled hours and also be on an as needed basis (last minute).
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to building and enhancing an effective support team.
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviour in line with our mission, vision and values statement.
- Describe the Centre’s services to new visitors and provide tours.
- Provide parents/caregivers with resources that reflect early years “best practices” and current research in child development.
- Create learning environments based on the children’s interests that will provide opportunities for children to engage in play-based, problem solving and interactive learning with other children and adults.
- Perform general operating duties as directed by the Centre Supervisor.