Purchasing Agent - Temporary Full Time (Approx. 6 months)
This position is responsible for supporting the County’s centralized purchasing function and assists in the coordination of the contract and purchasing requirements for various County departments.
What you’ll do
- Assist departments in developing tenders/proposals/quotations;
- Oversee the bidding process from inception to completion;
- Prepare and issue contract award letters, regret letters and purchase orders for supplies and service;
- Ensure compliance with Workplace and Insurance Board (WSIB) and Insurance renewals;
- Obtain verbal and informal quotations from vendors for minor-value requirements;
- Resolve Purchasing/Accounts Payable (AP) issues;
- Maintain and manage vendors on Bids and Tenders site (bidder’s lists).