Reporting to the Senior Procurement Specialist, the Purchasing Agent is responsible for supporting Dufferin County’s centralized purchasing function and assisting with the coordination of the contract and purchasing requirements for all County departments. This position works closely with County staff, members of the public, vendors, and other contacts in order to facilitate purchasing projects and workflows, and ensure a high standard of customer service is maintained.
What you’ll do
• Carry out the procurement process for goods and services of both a capital and operating nature to support the goals and objectives of County departments. This includes construction contracts, major repairs and renovations, equipment, consulting services, etc.
• Manage the bidding process from inception to completion, including creating new bids, developing bid tables and online submission sections, posting addenda(s), announcements, evaluations where required and posting bid results
• Assist departments in developing tenders/proposals/quotations, issuing the necessary documentation to bidders, and coordinate the complete tender process
• Active involvement in negotiation for contract awards and contract renewals when required
• Prepare and issue contract extension and award letters, regret letters and purchase orders for supplies and service and any necessary follow-up
• Ensure compliance with Workplace and Insurance Board (WSIB) and Insurance renewals including tracking and maintaining database
• Perform other related tasks as assigned.