Program Assistant - Permanent Full Time
Reporting to the Housing Program Supervisor, the Program Assistant provides a wide range of program and administrative support services to staff and clients which support the delivery of Community Services programs.
What you’ll do
- Provide excellent customer service (in-person and over the phone) by greeting visitors/clients, determining service required, responding to questions, scheduling/rescheduling appointments, and taking messages/re-directing to staff/agencies
- Make appropriate referrals to support clients (i.e. referrals to community housing, employment services, child care subsidy, external community agencies, etc.)
- Provide clients with required program information, forms and applications and assist in completing the forms and applications where needed
- Perform data entry and changes into relevant database(s) to record and validate client information from phone calls and/or personal visits
- Act as a liaison for clients and work to empower clients to advocate for themselves
- Complete third party checks. (Equifax, Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO), OSAP, Employment Insurance (EI), etc.)
- Process cheques/payments within prescribed timelines and complete monthly cheque runs for clients and service providers as required
- Keep record of all incoming payments, repayments, reimbursements and cancelled cheques
- Accept rental payments as required from tenants
- Other duties as assigned.