Program Assistant - Ontario Works
Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the Program Assistant provides a wide range of program and administrative support services to staff and clients which support the delivery of Community Services programs. This is a part time position working 21 hours per week.
What you’ll do
- Conduct screening applications for Community Service programs and make appropriate referrals to support clients
- Provide clients with required program information, forms and applications and assist in completing the forms and applications
- Perform data entry and changes into the Social Assistance database
- Prepare, update, and maintain files for new applicants and existing clients
- Process cheques within prescribed timelines and complete monthly cheque runs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Post-secondary diploma in Social Services, Human Services, or a related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an administrative capacity, preferably in a municipal government
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to interact respectfully with the vulnerable population
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to facilitate interaction with management, employees and representatives from external agencies including the general public
- Experience with data entry
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines and assess priorities
- A clear criminal reference check including the vulnerable sector screening.