Payroll / Human Resources Associate
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Payroll/Human Resources Associate is responsible for the administration of the County’s non-union and Council payroll and for the administration of the County’s non-union benefit and pension plans. This position also assists the Human Resources and Health and Safety team with administrative tasks as required.
What you’ll do
- Prepare and process employee payroll for both biweekly and monthly payroll;
- Process monthly remittance of deductions for OMERS, Employer Health Tax and benefits;
- Complete payroll year-end processing of T4’s, T4A’s and information returns;
- Update annual and retroactive pay changes, positions changes and other changes that affect payroll;
- Review and analyze payroll variances using system reports and documenting all checks and balances before submitting payroll;
- Prepare and submit Records of Employment (ROE) for employee absences and terminations when required;
- Complete year end reconciliation and filing of annual reports;
- Receive and respond to inquiries from both internal staff and external agencies relating to payroll, pension or benefits.
- Complete new hire processes such as ensuring all necessary payroll and benefit documentation is complete and accurate, enrolling in OMERS and health benefits and providing an orientation on relevant pension, benefit and payroll information;
- Maintain Great Plains software configuration and stay current on software upgrades;
- Assist Human Resources and Health and Safety staff with administrative tasks as requested.