Part Time Archives Assistant
Working 21 hours per week (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) the Archives Assistant will provide assistance to the Archivist in the documentation and automation of the Museum’s archival collections. This includes counter service to the public in the Archives and processing requests for information. The successful candidate will also process new donations, transfer existing records, ensure data accuracy and consistency, and assist with research and volunteer projects.
What you’ll do
- Provide research assistance to public in the Archives.
- Co-ordinate the documentation and automation of the Archives’ collections.
- Assist with research and data entry for online collections databases and the archives collection.
- Responsible for the photographing and scanning of items to add to the records database for identification, evaluation and security purposes.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.