Nurses Aides - Summer Students
Under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse / Registered Practical Nurse these student positions are responsible for providing physical and emotional care and support to the Residents of the Home.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Current enrollment in a recognized Registered Nursing or Registered Practical Nursing program at College or University
- Must have completed of your first clinical placement within long term care or hospital setting
- Possess a genuine concern for seniors and an understanding of the aging process
- Must provide successful criminal reference check including the vulnerable sector screening
- Flexibility in scheduling as you must be available for day, evening and night shifts, two out of three weekends and statutory holidays as required
- Must provide up-to-date TB skin testing results
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively; both oral and written
- Self-motivated with the ability to function independently and as part of a team.