Under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse / Registered Practical Nurse these student positions are responsible for providing physical and emotional care and support to the Residents of the Home.
What you’ll bring:
• Current enrollment in a recognized Registered Nursing or Registered Practical Nursing program at
College or University;
• Must have completed of your first clinical placement within long term care or hospital setting;
• Possess a genuine concern for seniors and an understanding of the aging process;
• A successful criminal reference check including the vulnerable sector screening;
• Flexibility in scheduling as you must be available for day, evening and night shifts, two out of three
weekends and statutory holidays as required;
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively; both oral and written;
• Self-motivated with the ability to function independently and as part of a team;
• Completed TB Two-Step Tuberculin Skin testing (Mantoux Test).
What you’ll do
• Provides direct Resident Care, under direction of Home Area R.N. /R.P.N., to promote well-being of
• Promote Resident's right to choice, respect and dignity;
• Assists Residents with activities of daily living – eating, toileting, transferring, dressing, personal care,
• Documents as required, on residents’ daily record of care, RAI-MDS observation records, food/fluid
intake records, pasd/restraint records and PSW communication book;
• Performs other related duties, as assigned.