Maintenance Worker - Temporary Full Time
Under the direction of the Environmental Services Manager, the Maintenance Worker is responsible for preventative maintenance/repair of the physical building and equipment, waste collection, and receiving and distribution of supplies.
What you’ll do
- Maintain and repair the physical building and equipment of the Home which can include; painting, wallpapering, drywall repairs and minor plumbing repairs;
- Maintain the entrance and exits to the Home including snow removal in the winter;
- Conduct inspections on buildings and equipment;
- Respond to job requisitions;
- Collect and dispose of all waste and recyclable materials;
- Other related duties, as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- High school diploma;
- Experience in a similar position;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- A successful criminal reference check including the vulnerable sector screening;
- Demonstrated ability to act with courtesy and respect in dealing with residents, staff and visitors;
- Willingness to work during the week, on weekends and on statutory holidays as assigned.