Maintenance Tradesperson - Permanent Part Time
Reporting to the Environmental Services Manager, the Maintenance Tradesperson is responsible for the maintenance of the Dufferin Oaks’ buildings and equipment and completing work assignments in designated areas as assigned.
What you’ll do
- Carries out both major and minor repairs and maintenance (as well as preventative maintenance checks) to equipment and building;
- Major cleaning of equipment;
- Repairing of equipment;
- Cleaning and tidying work areas and floors in boiler rooms, mechanical rooms, cart wash area, maintenance shops and storage areas;
- Inspecting buildings and equipment on a routine basis;
- Checking of all equipment for safety before use;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- A valid Ontario Trades Certificate/License required;
- Significant experience in a Commercial/Institutional or Industrial environment;
- General knowledge of heating, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting and general maintenance.
- Capability to perform the essential physical duties of the job
- A successful criminal reference check including the vulnerable sector screening
- Completion of a two-step Mantoux TB skin test
- Flexibility in scheduling as you will be required to work a shift rotation of days and evenings as assigned as well as weekends and statutory holidays as required.