Labourers/Equipment Operators x 4 (Summer Seasonal)
Reporting to the Operations Foreperson, the Labourer/ Equipment Operator will be responsible for operating various kinds of construction equipment and hand tools in the construction and maintenance of roads and bridges for the County of Dufferin’s 324 kilometer road network.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Road maintenance duties which include:
- Hardtop maintenance (pothole patching, sweeping gravel, etc.)
- Roadside work such as shoulder graveling, ditch cleanout and culvert replacement;
- Respond to emergency calls received from police, etc.
- Operate dump truck, tractor mower, backhoe, loader, and other road maintenance equipment
- Operation of brushing equipment (chain saw, chipper);
- Hand digging, for locates and installing road signs
- Performing specific assigned duties in connection with roads construction done by the County;
- Setting up traffic control and acting as a traffic control person during road construction and maintenance activities;
- Assist with repairing and maintaining equipment;
- Other duties as assigned.