I.T. Technician - Temporary Full Time Contract
Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology, the I.T. Technician provides technical end user support for County staff, four lower tier municipalities, and other County organizations. This position is responsible for five key areas: end user support, maintenance of I.T. environments, VOIP and mobile phones, procurement and service contracts, and application and hardware implementation. As the first point of contact for the I.T. team, this position plays an important role in helping to build and maintain strong relationships with our clients.
What you’ll bring
- 3-year College Diploma in an Information Technology related discipline.
- MCITP/MCSE/MCP or equivalent experience.
- 3-4 years’ experience in a continuously challenging Information Technology environment.
- IT security experience, Drupal experience, CAPM, ITIL, A+ certifications considered an asset.
- Commitment to on-going professional development;
- Able to manage competing priorities with excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated investigative, analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) with ability to work effectively with both business clients and technical team members.
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse clientele with varying levels of technical experience.
- Valid Ontario class “G” drivers’ license.